You’ll be working mostly in WordPress, and mostly creating websites and web apps. Sometimes you’ll design, sometimes you’ll develop (front-end), sometimes you’ll do both. You should be comfortable with everything that falls under that umbrella: Wireframes, design mockups, writing code, creating custom post types, configuring page builders, capturing dark wizards, launching sites, and all the odds and ends that come in between.
- 💪 You should know WordPress like the back of your hand. And the front of your hand. And the gap between your fingers.
- 👁 An excellent eye for visual design, and a great instinct for UI and UX best practices
- 🎨 Experience designing responsive websites using industry-standard design tools (Figma, Sketch, XD, etc.)
- 🛠 Strong knowledge of HTML & CSS, and best practices
- 💻 Familiarity with responsive frameworks, like Bootstrap
- 👍 Experience working with popular WordPress page builders, particularly Beaver Builder and Elementor