, we’re building the best platform on the planet for creators to sell online courses, memberships and digital downloads.
We’ve been around for a few years, have helped creators earn millions, and we’re growing fast…
That’s where you come in 😉
We’re looking for a full-stack Rails developer with a propensity for modern frontend development — you’ll be happy writing Ruby but can also turn around and wrangle a Webpack config file or refactor some hairy React code.
You’ll help us ship faster, get more done and make big improvements to our platform
What you’ll work on:
- Expanding the breadth and depth of our product features 🏗️
- Polishing our existing features to improve our users’ experience 🖌️
- Bugs happens… you’ll help us resolve them 🐛
- Refactoring the internals to keep the code easy to work with 🔨
- Improving our test suite to give us more confidence to ship 🚨
- Writing and maintaining payment and API integrations 📇
Here are some of the technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails
- React, for the occasional feature that requires it
- Webpacker, Bootstrap, and npm to manage our UI code
- Redis, for caching and background queues
- Sidekiq for background processing
- Heroku for hosting the app
- We also maintain integrations with many third-party APIs (PayPal, Stripe, Zapier and Drip, just to name a few)
You probably don’t have experience in all these technologies, and that’s okay! Rails is the core of our tech stack and you’ll also bring other experience to the role.
Some other things you should be comfortable with:
- Multiple competing (and sometimes shifting) priorities 😅
- Communicating your work clearly in Slack, GitHub pull requests, or a pairing session ✍️
- Lending a hand to your teammates (and customers) when the need arises. We’re tightly knit and supporting each other is a huge priority ✨
- Learning quickly, and developing confidently—because nothing is “someone else’s job” 🦝
- Staying calm under pressure. You remain cool even when Rollbar errors are pouring into slack, background jobs die, and the app grinds to a halt 🆘
- Working remotely. Our team is spread across North America and Western Europe (you should be in one of those two regions), and our headquarters is Slack 🌎
Why work at Podia?
- Ultimate flexibility. We try to have some overlap time every day, but outside of that work whenever & wherever you work best 🗺️
- Extreme autonomy. No micro-managing here. You’ll be given high-level direction and then left to solve it the way you feel is best. You’re the expert! 📚
- That said, the rest of the team is always ready to lend a hand — or even an ear if you just need to rubber duck some ideas 💡
- You get to work with a small, highly-talented team that has built — and continues to build — our product with care.We’re not one of those “hire all the devs!” organizations that tries to grow too quickly 🎨
- Whether it’s fixes, small tweaks, or substantial features, we deploy often. There’s zero red tape to slow you down 🚀
- We have a rapidly growing base of passionate customers. Your work will be seen and appreciated by many people❤️
- Competitive compensation. We want to hire the best people, and we’re ready to pay for them 💰
- Great benefits including three weeks paid vacation (plus another week during the December holidays), sabbaticals every three years, professional development credit, paid family leave, and more 😃
- (Paid for) annual retreats to spend time with the team and have fun together. This year’s retreat is in Washington, DC! ✈️
Interested in joining our team?
We’d love to chat 😃
We’ll ask for professional references (both a co-worker and a manager) from any finalist candidates. Please use the link below to apply (email applications will not be accepted).
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/podia/j/51DD8F12E2/