This is not a traditional community manager job.
This is a unique role we’re creating at Podia that combines the disciplines of community engagement, partnership management, and content promotion to help creators all over the world turn their passion into income.
In any given day, you might be:
- Working on promotion strategy for an upcoming article about online course pricing
- Participating in a Reddit thread sharing ideas about webinar marketing
- Emailing 20 partners, whom you’ve spent months building relationships with, to let them know about a new YouTube series we’ve launched
- Watching Twitter for conversations about best membership platforms, and joining the dialogue to help members choose the right product for them
If that sounds like a mixed bag you’d be excited to open, then read on
, we’re building the most creator-friendly platform on the planet to help people sell online courses, memberships, webinars, and digital downloads to their audience.
The online business content world is a noisy one, overflowing with clickbait content promising quick riches for little work…as long as you buy today.
To top it all off, these predatory publishers promote their content with canned mass emails begging for backlinks, spamming online communities, and generally “look-at-meeee!”-ing their way to mediocrity.
We do things differently.
- Protects online creators from shallow, predatory content
- Shows them what they’re actually capable of achieving
- Helps them do the work required to move forward, whether they’re building their first product or planning their 50th launch
- Removes the obstacles standing in their way, and leads our creators to success
We’re looking for someone to help our content and our product reach more creators with extreme empathy, generosity, and a focus on the long game of building deep relationships with the people who can benefit from — and help to amplify — our content.
If you share our passion for helping creators earn money doing what they love, and you’re excited by the idea of spending your days practicing ethical permission marketing
to get Podia’s hard work into the hands of as many creators as possible, then we’d love to chat!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop and execute a custom-built promotion strategy for every single content piece we publish (3-6 articles and 1-2 YouTube videos) per week, including social media posts, outreach emails, community engagement, and anything else you deem strategically important.
- Find and participate in the communities, social media groups, Quora threads, podcasts, and Slack channels that creators use, adding value for everyone you come into contact with along the way.
- Build relationships with influencers and publishers in our space long before we ever ask them to share our content, so that when we do, they’ll know it’s because we truly feel they’ll benefit from it.
- Let brands and creators we mention in our content know about it, and make it easy for them to share our work.
- Set up searches on social media for people asking questions that our content answers, and when something comes up, be the first to help.
- Own our social media feeds, and maintain an ongoing promotion calendar to ensure that our old content is regularly being surfaced and talked about.
- Track promotion efforts and success, and report on it to the team.
- Close the feedback loop with our content team as the “voice of the community”, so they know what types of content people are asking for, and what we can do to help.
- As needed, help with promotion and community engagement outside of the content team, such as with major product launches, virtual events, and other important announcements.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Full-time availability. We love freelancers, but this is a full-time job for someone who wants to be a key player on our team for the long-haul.
- Extreme organizational skills and an appetite for managing and prioritizing many moving parts, campaigns, and ongoing threads at once
- A friendly, outgoing personality. Creator-friendliness is one of our principles at Podia, but for this role, you’ll need to be really friendly as an ambassador of the Podia brand to the people our entire team is working hard to serve
- Patience and long-term thinking. While you’ll be expected to contribute from day one, much of what you’ll be asked to do — building relationships with influential content creators, for example — will require months of work, follow-up, and creatively adding value. You need to be in it for the long-haul
- Have 1+ year experience working in a remote environment
- 3+ years experience in a role (or combination of roles) that combines the key skills required to do the tasks outlined above. For example, community management, partnership management, content distribution, or anything similar
It’d be REALLY great if you also:
- Have created and/or sold an online course, membership, or download before
- Have worked with digital creators before
Here’s what you’ll get if you join us:
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a rapidly-growing company
- 401(k) match (US-based employees)
- Health insurance (US-based employees) and other medical benefits for international employees (like a health and wellness stipend)
- Paid family leave
- Three weeks of vacation, plus a week off around the December holidays
- A 1-month sabbatical for every three years you stay at Podia
- Work from anywhere with an internet connection
- A professional development credit
- Annual team retreats with all expenses paid
If that sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/podia-community-marketer