If you live somewhere in Europe and have a soft spot for bootstrapped, profitable tech startups with a meaningful mission and a global reach, and you would like to develop a small, super-capable marketing team in a fully remote work environment, you may like this extremely rare executive position at Drops.
Role & Responsibilities
- You’ll be a key member of a 4-person executive team working together to develop the overarching company and product strategies
- You’ll directly influence these strategies via your acute awareness of the competitive landscape, the EdTech industry, and adjacent industries important to Drops platform: gaming, productivity sw, corporated ed and edu B2B
- Based on these strategies and the company / product history, you’ll evolve the company ’s overarching narrative and develop a marketing strategy to bring that narrative to life.
- You’ll surface and champion business / marketing opportunities through a deep understanding of our products and their usage patterns.
- You’ll lead, mentor, manage the marketing team. You’ll be responsible for their effectiveness, well-being and development, and ensure that the team’s efforts align with our business’s and our users’ needs.
- You’ll recruit and onboard top talent as needed (contractors, agencies, and employees)
- You’ll make sure that the marketing aspects of the projects are getting done on schedule, that we’re making appropriate trade-offs.
- You’ll be in charge of developing our marketing culture and ensuring that it is effectively represented and integrated into broader company culture.
- Drops is an extremely collaborative company without the product / marketing divide that exists in many companies.You’ll be responsible for ensuring this collaboration continues between the marketing team and the rest of the company.
Skills and experience. You have:
- Been a marketing leader in a global EdTech, productivity, or gaming B2C startup
- Experience marketing both mobile apps and sw platforms
- Hands-on core marketing skills: digital mkt, marcom, product mkt, brand development / storytelling, PR
- Great people management skills
- Great project management skills
- Great negotiation and agency management skills
- Hyper-growth start-up experience
- Haven't spent your entire career in marketing (or if you have, you have earned a reputation as a bridge builder, working effectively across key functional orgs)
- Worked effectively in a fully remote position and have managed fully remote employees
- Accomplished big things with a small team
Additionally skills a plus:
- B2B marketing
- BD / partnership experience
- Specific industry experience relevant to Drops
- Kids B2C tech marketing experience
- EDU industry experience
- All the perks of remote working
- An awesomely compact 22 person team
- Yearly educational allowance
- Fitness allowance
- High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessories
- 🏖 30 days of holiday per year (including Christmas and other holidays)
- Quarterly team gathering somewhere in the world (Amsterdam, Iceland, Lisbon and Budapest were previous locations)
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/drops/j/29711BE1D6/