We need someone with proven design talent, excellent communications skills and a whole bundle of enthusiasm to Make Things Better.
Who we are
ORCID (https://orcid.org/) is an independent non-profit organisation that serves the global research community. Our core mission is to connect research and researchers. We do this by providing an identifier for individuals to use with their name as they engage in research, scholarship, and innovation activities; by providing tools and training to the community for integrating these identifiers into research workflows; and by building and sustaining a community of users and adopters. We have a strong focus on user control and privacy. Launched in October 2012, there are now over 7,000,000 ORCID registrants, more than 1,100 organisational members, and over 30 staff members in 15 countries. Our website and Registry (orcid.org) are published in 12 languages.
We are looking for a seasoned UX expert to ensure the people we serve have an excellent experience. This role will be responsible for gathering input from users and members, crafting user journeys, and working with our team to translate these journeys into practical UX solutions. ORCID has over 7 million researcher accounts and thousands of member integrations using our APIs. Your job will be to make sure they're happy to be here.
The UX designer reports to the Product Director, and is part of the ORCID Product team. This position works across the organisation, is full time (40 hour/week) and, like all positions at ORCID, is remote.
- Taking a deep dive into our existing UX then proposing and designing improvements
- Working on the visual design and information architecture of our new website
- Ensuring we provide and accessible service and crafting an accessibility statement
- Create specifications and designs for UX/UI improvements
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our website and documentation
- Design and implement processes to gather feedback from ORCID Registry users via analytics, A/B testing, surveys, observation and other means
- Work with the Engagement, Communications and Researcher Services team members to extract and manage user feedback from support tickets, member interactions and other channels
- Work with the Technical team to develop and deploy UX improvements
- Work with the Product Manager to leverage results from user testing, analytics data and user/member feedback to curate and prioritise the roadmap
- Ensure metrics are in place to assess progress and the impact of change
- Work across the organisation to champion user needs and rally people behind UX improvements
- Propose and execute project based user experience work in line with ORCID’s strategic goals and values
- 3+ years experience in UX, with thorough understanding of interaction design fundamentals
- 1+ years experience designing and running user testing and other qualitative customer validation
- Tech-savvy, detail-oriented and personable
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and one or more prototyping tools, such as Adobe XD, Sketch, or InVision
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices and testing tools
- Experience writing specifications, creating mock-ups and working with developers
- Understanding of the software development life-cycle, preferably in an Agile environment
- Experience with web design, demonstrated by portfolio and/or work samples
- Exceptional communication skills and a strong work ethic; ability to work independently, prioritize effectively and get things done in a dynamic, unstructured environment
- Able to work during Europe and US business hours (at least half the working day should be between 12p-8p UTC)
- Ability to travel based on business needs (approximately once a quarter)
- Fluency in English is required. A second language is a plus.
- Experience in the scholarly publishing or academic community
Nice to have requirements
- Experience with graphic design and/or illustration
- Experience with wordpress
- Experience with business intelligence platforms
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working in a remote / virtual office
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive compensations and benefits based on experience and location
- Flexible work hours and tools to support our virtual office environment
- Work from anywhere
- Budget to choose your preferred laptop and software you need
ORCID is a mission-driven organisation grounded by our core values: we are open, transparent. collaborative, global, diverse, inclusive, trusted, and persistent. We are committed to our values and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.