Hubstaff is a fast-growing startup in the time tracking and project management space that fully embraces remote work. You work when and where you want. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard, and our annual retreats.
We are looking for a well-rounded engineer who has 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails and the front-end chops to implement the user-facing aspects of their projects using Vue.js to join our passionate development team. Vue.js experience is not required, but you’d be an especially good fit if you already have experience with it.
The correct person will take pride in their work, love being challenged, have extreme attention to detail, and be able to get their hands dirty implementing Rails controllers, Vue.js components, and doing HTML & CSS front-end work.
This position will report to our one of the Hubstaff server team leads and work closely with our other engineers. You’ll be able to work 100% remotely. We are looking for someone that can grow with our team for years to come.
This is a long-term (years, our hope is forever) full-time (40 hrs/wk) 1099 (hourly) contract role. Some of the benefits of working for us is our company-hosted annual retreat, work where you want (cafe, co-working location, your home, anywhere), don't have to ask for permission when you want to take time off, get to dedicate yourself to one project at a time, and have job security and a career path for years to come (we've run the company using positive cash flow from day one and are carefully growing the team and business).
- Annual retreat
- Quarterly stipend to spend on PTO, co-working location, grocery delivery, continued learning, etc. (eligible after 1 yr of tenure)
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills, including having a consistent schedule
- Communicate well
- Love to learn new things
- Can work until at least 1pm EST (M - F)
Required Backend Experience:
- Ruby on Rails (5+ years of experience is required)
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, Jest, etc.)
- Background workers (Sidekiq, etc.)
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
Required Front-end Experience:
- Highly skilled with HTML & CSS
- Vue.js or React
- Service workers architecture
- Highly concurrent systems
- Advanced SQL (query optimization, locking, etc.)
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org