Frontastic is looking for a Senior Product Manager (f/*/m) to join the team on a full-time basis (min. 80% FTE). We’re a remote first company currently operating in the Europe/Berlin timezone. We’ll consider applications from candidates in Europe (UTC to UTC+2).
What You’ll Do
You’ll drive the product strategy and execution to take our Frontend-as-a-Service product to the next stage. To aid you in this challenge, you’ll be supported by a small team of product managers plus our UX lead and UI designers.
- Take ownership for Frontastic’s frontend SDK and the whole web frontend development experience for our customers
- Ensure that we deliver a cohesive developer experience starting from documentation to tools, to APIs, code examples
- Working with customers and the whole Frontastic engineering team on distilling common best practice around frontend development into a cohesive and easy to use product
- Close collaboration with peer product managers, who are responsible for Frontastic’s frontend editor and the backend integration
- Driving an agile product development process in close collaboration with the Frontastic engineering team
- Own the process of managing product ideas, and evolving them into a state that can be prioritized
- Constantly evaluate the performance of products and features
Who You Are
- 5 years+ of relevant experience
- 5+ years experience in the internet/software industry
- 3+ years experience working for a Cloud/SaaS software company
- 3+ years experience with the role as a product manager or as sales engineer
- Basic web developer skills or technical education is a huge plus
- You can communicate with developers at peer level
- Possess a strong understanding of an agile product management and development process for a startup in the initial growth phase
- Capable of translating a product strategy into continuous execution with incremental improvements
- Ability to communicate on the customer side with technical leads and engineers including given basic product demos
- Good communication skills externally with customers as well as internally with stakeholders, peers and engineering team
- Good listener and advocate for the customer needs with the ability to translate them into a product strategy
- Hands-on attitude across the whole product cycle
- A strong growth mindset and a servant leadership approach to product management, with the ability to influence others
Twice a year we meet for three days for a company retreat
In preparation for each weekly meeting (which we organize as a video meeting), everyone briefly tells the Slackbot what they want to share with their colleagues. In this way we’re wonderfully asynchronous; if you’re on vacation, for example, you can easily pick up the most important things you’ve missed in the meantime.
Sometimes it’s just nice to work together with others in the same room. We often get together spontaneously. To do this, we simply use Google Hangouts, for all those who have the inclination and time to work together. If you want to have your peace of mind or take a call, just go out again – quite uncomplicated.
Meeting in person
Currently we meet every four weeks in person. This works because we don’t live too far apart.
Tools used for remote work
Remote team at Frontastic is using 4 tools like Notion, Slack and Hangouts when working remotely.
Slackbot asks us every morning about our plans, so that our colleagues have the chance to know. In the evening it asks us about results and our mood.
Our daily standup meeting is just a bot inside Slack!
We often get together spontaneously. To do this, we simply use Google Hangouts, for all those who have the inclination and time to work together.
It’s also a great way to learn about new topics or just pair programming. And, of course, it also stimulates a sense of being together.
We try to be as asynchronous as possible. Therefore we don't aspect you to answer even direct mentions immediately.
This is where all information comes together. All people at Frontastic. We have a quarterly Notion house keeping day to keep it well structured.
Our daily standup meeting is just a bot inside Slack. It asks us every morning about our plans, so that our colleagues have the chance to know. In the evening it asks us about results and our mood.
We often get together spontaneously on a Google Hangouts call. Among other things, it's a good opportunity for pair programming.
We are not dogmatic about the way we work. We use the methods that seem most appropriate for each situation. When we realize that we need more structures, we create structures. Not before 😉
Frontastic's remote company is headquartered in Münster, Germany
Remote team in 20 cities and 9 countries
Frontastic is working remotely from 20 cities like France, Valencia and Kiel across 9 countries like Germany, France and Ireland with the average temperature of 15°C.