Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We're looking for a passionate Senior Android Engineer to join our growing engineering team and build the next wave of mobile applications.
Mobile apps are a huge part of our product strategy (our customers are managing mobile assets, after all). In this role, you'll be at the forefront of shipping features that directly enhance the lives of customers around the world. You’ll be an active participant in collaborating with design and product teams to grow ideas into features.
If you’re passionate about crafting quality code and building beautiful Android applications used by tens of thousands of customers, we would love to hear from you! This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.Our team
What you'll be doing
- We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition.
- We’re a startup that’s in “scale up” mode, meaning we’re past the days of just a couple of people in a small office, but we’re still very much a fast-paced, highly collaborative company.
- We’re committed to fostering a tight-knit team through various collaboration tools. We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and know you do, too.
What's in it for you
- Craft and continuously ship well-tested, maintainable, and efficient Kotlin code
- Collaborate with product and design to create, design, and incrementally refine features
- Migrate existing functionality implemented in the Ionic framework to be more sleek, efficient, and performant in native Android
- Ensure quality in your code with JUnit and UI tests
- Proactively identify and squash bugs as well as performance issues
- Take an active role in shaping and defining mobile engineering best practices
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work from our HQ in Birmingham, AL or REMOTELY. 50% of our Engineering Team works remotely and we strive to promote a strong remote working culture.
- Build mobile apps used daily by tens of thousands of people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market)
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience
- 3+ years of experience building and shipping native Android apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in crafting quality code in Kotlin (Java is a bonus)
- Mastery of the Android SDK and mobile-specific fundamentals (networking, multithreading, memory management)
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in designing human-centered interfaces using custom views
- Experienced in consuming and building RESTful APIs (Ruby on Rails, Node, or similar)
- Committed to utilizing TDD to create JUnit and UI tests
- Knowledgeable in the current state of the Android platform, deployment, and continuous integration best practices