Do you have a soft spot for bootstrapped, profitable companies with a meaningful, globally utilised product? Would you like to work within a small, super-capable technical team in a refreshing work environment? Would you like to work on an application that is changing the way we learn and communicate? You might just be the perfect fit for our new QA Automation Engineer opportunity here at Drops!
Our goal at Drops is to ensure effective language learning through a delightful, seamless, gamified experience. We strive to be the #1 app for vocabulary learning and we’re very much on the way there! Our app has been live on the App Store for over 3 years, covering 37 languages, serving 20 million users across the globe and has been featured on both the App Store and Play Store multiple times. We were super chuffed to be awarded ‘App of the Year 2018’ by Google on the Play Store and have been featured by TechCrunch, FastCo, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg, VentureBeat and many more. In short, we’re a small, efficient team spread mostly across Europe, achieving great things the remote way! Our founders, Dani & Mark, are involved in everyday implementation, strategy and support, working with the team on innovative ideas to shift the needle in the language learning space.
Check us out and see what you think: http://drops.app.link/
What makes us different
What are we looking for?
- We’re a small team. We optimise for impact, not headcount.
- We carefully consider tradeoffs in technology and processes that could lead to increased complexity.
- We live the TypeScript life. We strive for code quality over quantity and stick to a simple development process, spending more time creating and less time in admin.
- We use React Native on the frontend, sharing around 98% of the code between Android, iOS and Web. We use Typescript on the backend too!
- We’re believers in functional programming. We concentrate state, minimise side effects and abstract when necessary.
- We automate where there is a logical business case to do so..
- Our biggest challenge is managing the complexity of sharing code across a suite of apps.
- We don’t believe in hierarchy. Autonomy, ownership and passion are the secret ingredients behind Drops. Clear, honest communication is the linchpin of our culture, success and independence.
We’re looking to expand our QA team with an inquisitive, forward thinking automation engineer to support our development team across a suite of Drops apps. You’ll be responsible for automating tests in key areas of the applications. From golden path to intrinsic gameplay functionality, you’ll be looking to guarantee quality and keep regression at bay!
You should have a strong foundation in testing, experienced and knowledgeable in both automation and manual practices. You can prioritise workload and are skilled at finding bugs others have difficulty spotting, writing automation test scripts from a blank canvas where appropriate.Responsibilities
- You’ll be contributing to our (brand new!) automation suite across our apps.
- You’ll be making sure that the technical aspects of our QA stack are up to date and using best practices.
- You’ll be mentoring other QA team members.
- You’ll be working closely with the development team, investigating and solving issues while optimising workflows.
- You will be involved in decision making within the QA and product domain.
- We’re looking for a missionary, not a mercenary.
- You can see a problem from the product, development, and user’ perspective.
- You have great hard skills but even better soft skills.
- You’re competent in contemporary JS based QA technologies and toolsets (Cypress, Cucumber/Behave feature files, AWS; S3, Lambda, RDS, Cognito).
- You’ve got hands on experience with CI tooling (Jenkins, BuildKite, Bitrise, etc).
- You’ve got experience in api, load and security testing.
- You’ve worked within an agile development team.
- You know when to manually test and when to automate.
- You’re Proficient in testing practices such as BDD, TDD and competent in declarative testing.
- You’re able to identify priorities and application hotspots for testing.
- You have introspective tendencies and are looking for a position where you can grow, fast.