Capbase is looking to hire a strong product designer to join our dynamic and growing remote team. Capbase is a digital governance platform for startups and securities transactions. We simplify legal compliance and corporate governance for startups.
We are a small team, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to collaborate directly with the founders, and this role in particular will have responsibility for establishing the design language and UX patterns for our first products.
We are looking for someone with strong knowledge of established UX patterns, experience collaborating closely with software developers, and a knack for converting complex processes into simple, intuitive user interfaces. The ideal candidate has experience working for technology startups and an intimate understanding of the software development lifecycle inside of product engineering teams.
This is not a project-based role and we are looking to bring someone on board as the first design hire on a growing team.
In this role, you will:
A Capbase team member is:
- Identify opportunities to improve user experience for our web and mobile applications
- Talk to customers and conduct user research, both qualitative and quantitative
- Use analytics to make data driven decisions about design choices
- Establish a re-usable, modular design language for our products
- Work creatively to simplify complex legal & financial processes and make them intuitive to first-time founders and startup employees
- Take ownership of key product goals and work closely with engineers to develop solutions to our customers' problems
Specific Skills we’d love to bolster within, or add to our team:
- Self motivated and self starting
- Has a keen eye open for their work/life balance
- Cares about our customers and their success
- Able to express themselves clearly in both written and spoken English
- Experience designing native mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Experience setting up analytics to track conversion funnels and user adoption of new product features
- Experience using A/B tests and multi-variate experiments to validate user and design hypotheses
In addition to a competitive salary and stock benefits, Capbase is proud to offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave to use for any purpose
- $2,500 to purchase any equipment you need to do your job properly
- $500 per year for professional development to use however you choose (conferences, books, online classes, etc)
- Up to $300/mo in co-working membership allowance (market dependent)
- Healthcare benefits fully paid for the employee, plus 75% covered for all dependents (only in countries without national healthcare)
- An annual, expenses paid, global meetup of Capbase employees somewhere fun in the world
We are a diverse & distributed team located across several time zones and countries. We are committed to hiring the best talent remotely wherever they live and encourage applicants from all countries to apply.
How to Apply
Send an email to email@example.com
- Your resume
- A link to your design portfolio, Behance, Dribbble, etc.
- A summary of a complex, challenging design project you worked on from start to finish
- Brief overview of the non-design skills you bring to the table - e.g. have you run marketing campaigns? can you do some front-end coding? can you setup dashboards for analyzing customer behavior?
Our process for hiring for this position is the following:
- Phone call with co-founder / CEO (1 hour)
- Design assignment - we expect this to be about 5-6 hours of work (we're a remote team, so this assignment is a substitute for a half day of in-person interviews)
- Phone call with co-founder / CTO (1 hour)
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org