Car & Classic
is looking for a PHP developer to join the team and help build the world's best classic car website.
You'll be working within a small engineering team who are always looking to improve. You'll get to work on important features and given autonomy - and with a small team your impact is integral to our continued success.
Who are Car & Classic?
Car & Classic
is the largest classic & specialist vehicle marketplace in Europe with over 2 million visitors monthly and £480m vehicles transacted per annum.
Benefits to help you prosper
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Flexible working hours
- 40-hour workweeks
- Whatever hardware/software you need
- Internet reimbursement for your home office
- In-house personal & career coach to help you get to where you want to be (if wanted)
- Training available - AWS Certification, Laravel, Vue, public speaking
- Salary between £25, 000 and £30, 000, dependent on experience & skills
You'll focus on ensuring Car & Classic
runs smoothly for its advertisers, purchasers, and dealers. You will help design & deliver features for our customers on our legacy home-grown PHP codebase & within our new Laravel 6 codebase.
This role requires strong communication skills, alongside excellent PHP knowledge. You'll be given the autonomy and space to focus on your work, without micro-managing and unnecessary status updates.
You should be a detail orientated PHP developer who is always looking to improve and grow. You should be a self-starter able to manage your time and commitments.
- Experience working with legacy PHP projects & Laravel
- Experience with MySQL
- Effective communication skills - written and verbally
- Passionate about improving our codebase, team and processes as we go
Nice to haves
- Design or UX experience
- Involvement with open source projects
- Sysadmin (AWS, Vagrant, Ansible, Docker) experience
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Proactive attitude
- Proven track record of successful execution, learning, and growing
After an initial video chat with our Lead Engineer, all qualifying candidates will then be invited to complete a short paid development & review task, where you'll have the opportunity to see how we work and make sure you'll enjoy the job.
There will then be a video chat with potential colleagues to see if you'd enjoy working with us and to help see how you'd improve our culture. If all goes well you'll be offered a permanent position!
Car & Classic
have recently raised over £1, 000, 000 with its parent company Cazana, to be used to grow the company into a larger and international success. While currently, Car & Classic's engineering team is at 3 people, we're working directly with Cazana and their experienced team of 15+ to reach our goals.
We already command the classic car classifieds market, being the largest classic car site in Europe, but our goal is to be the largest classic car site in the world.
Our day to day communication happens in Slack, we have weekly catchups and we're always around for a chat if needed.
Get to work on a website with millions of pageviews a month with a company that loves to learn & improve and a website with endless potential and you in the driver's seat.
To apply: https://cazana.recruitee.com/o/car-classic-php-developer-mid-level