We are looking for a Mid-Senior Scala backend engineer for Findify, a daughter company to Namaste Technologies. As part of our engineering team, you will be responsible for building our product, an advanced machine learning algorithm within search personalisation for e-commerce. As demand for our product continues to increase, we are on a journey to grow the team substantially in 2020. We'd love for you to join us.
About the role:
You will be part of a small team that moves fast and iterates. We do weekly sprints, code reviews, testing, and put a lot of emphasis on code style, cleanliness and robustness. You will get to work with amazing engineers specializing in machine learning and distributed systems.
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing and improving Findify’s data pipelines - a crucial responsibility for us as Findify collects millions of data points every day to feed our machine learning algorithms
- Enhancing some of the critical components of our system to successfully integrate our customers’ products and improve our search capabilities
- Actively contributing to the overall design of our infrastructure and the application of our product vision
You are a creative problem-solver with passion for programming and building scalable architectures.
- Initiative-taking; you are self-motivated, a doer, and can drive projects from start to finish
- A team-player; you are comfortable working with different styles and believe (like us) that together we achieve much more than alone
- Driven; you are used to working hard to achieve a goal you care about and running several projects in parallel
- A great communicator; you are comfortable communicating in English both written and oral, including leading meetings, selling your ideas and storytelling
- A BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- At least 3 years of Scala work experience
- Experience with relational database systems such as PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with Akka Stream, Akka HTTP or Flink
- Experience with Git
- Working knowledge with Linux/Unix
We’d be extra impressed if you also have:
- Experience with AWS / key-value databases such as Cassandra / data-mining / machine learning / search frameworks such as Lucene / e-commerce platforms
- Dev-ops skills
- Experience in working in/with remote teams
- Experience in working in agile/lean methodologies
- A side project or blog that showcases your passion
Location: remote. Flexible within timezone CET +/-2
We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better products we build and the better we are able to serve our customers. Women and other minorities under-represented in tech are strongly encouraged to apply.
ABSOLUTELY NO HEAD-HUNTERS OR AGENCIES, PLEASE