NS8 is a fraud prevention hub with industry-leading time to value that empowers eCommerce merchants to reduce their total cost of fraud through data orchestration and early-stage detection tools that filter out malicious activity before it starts.
Why Join Us?
- We're blowing up and need talented engineers to keep up with the explosive business growth everything. Our company went from about 27 people to 95 in the past year. We expect to continue growing, doubling in size this coming year.
- We've got funding but our revenue is killing it too. Our numbers are outperforming the projections in our last pitch deck - and we all know how lofty those can be.
- Our CEO is a developer of over 20 years and has additional founder and CEO experience with fast paced startups, so he gets the engineering side and the business under commits so development can over deliver.
- Our CTO has decades of technical expertise, running large development organizations with resources in every corner of the globe, deploying products that generate hundreds of millions of dollars annually across diverse and highly regulated markets.
- Our CSA has over 20 years development experience with both Fortune 20 companies and founding many startups in the platform space, including several large exits.
- Excel in a flat hierarchy and spend almost 100% of their time writing code.
- Love working in our agile, continuous integration and deployment environment.
- Conceive, design, develop, deploy and operate the code they write.
- Deploy maintainable, instrumented, predictable and reliable distributed systems on a steady cadence.
- Write tooling for automation, diagnostics, debugging.
- Participate in on-call rotation for their services.
- Build with a security mindset and are up to date on industry best practices.
- Design from the start with multi-tenancy and high availability as requirements.
- Have developed their remote engineering muscles and are highly engaged via Slack.
- AWS Lambda
- Concourse + Helm3 for CI/CD
The SDET lead works from within the infrastructure team and owns the continual improvement of NS8’s test automation.
The SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) lead:
- Runs the SDET Community of Practice
- Ensures that automated test coverage is appropriate and comprehensive.
- Dips their toes into every team to ensure that best practices are being followed by devs and SDETs
- Recommends and implements appropriate tooling and infrastructure where needed
- Coordinates documentation and feedback on test planning and coverage
- Ensures that test planning is continually refined. Use root cause analysis to continually optimize.
- Technical to the core – codes the frameworks, harnesses and test cases when needed
- Integrates with CICD
- Reviews test automation and provides feedback to devs and SDETs
- Is always looking for and implementing new ways to ensure that no critical issues make it to production
- Encourages and nurtures quality thinking and execution across Engineering
- Is a mentor and role model to SDETs
- Does not have direct management responsibility
- Must be self-motivated
- Able to review current status and devise plans
- Show continued visibility to work in progress and in plan
- Happy working in an agile workflow
- Comfortable driving meetings, setting direction, and monitoring outcomes
- Willing to operate and participate in on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or 5+ years developing software in a professional environment
- 2+ years building test automation and CICD pipelines
- Work from home or on-site in Las Vegas
- Competitive salaries
- Fully stocked kitchen for on-site employees
- Vibrant is an understatement, company events are always first class and exciting – axe-throwing, luchador wrestling, fancy dinners, charity events, game shows.
- Value diversity, transparency, and encourage everyone to be their authentic self.
- Supportive, learning culture; where engineers are encouraged to present Lunch and Learns on any topics they are passionate about.