Frontastic is looking for a Head of Frontend Development (f/*/m) to join the team on a full-time basis. We welcome applications from candidates and freelancers based in Europe or on East Coast US (UTC-5 to UTC+2).
As Head of Frontend Development, you’re expected to be a key driver of innovation for our internal Frontend developers. You’ll work closely together with the product team to discover, innovate and implement solutions for market needs. The challenge is to provide an excellent frontend performance and to develop framework agnostic web components that can be connected with any API.
What You’ll Do
- Continuously improve the development experience of our customer’s developers, identifying extension points that can be used by frontend developers during prototyping, testing and development
- Pave the path for customer innovation by creating APIs which allow innovation on top of solid base libraries and a solid base framework
- Analyze the usage of extension points and define fast, resilient and future-proof extension mechanisms
- Design extension points for stability, backwards compatibility and customer use
- Assist in monitoring the extension points and improving their resilience in high load environments
Who You Are
- You have at least 8 years of professional experience as a Frontend Developer while using different stacks knowing their trade-offs
- Deep knowledge of handling customer abstractions and the involved challenges regarding resilience and performance
- Full awareness of backwards compatibility requirements of software which is used by dozens and hundreds of customers
- An understanding of the requirements of working in software development (quality assurance, testing, monitoring)
- You have the attitude and skills to survive in a complex and highly dynamic remote environment – and you know how to grow this attitude in your co-workers
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- It would be helpful if you already have experience working remotely
Twice a year we meet for three days for a company retreat
In preparation for each weekly meeting (which we organize as a video meeting), everyone briefly tells the Slackbot what they want to share with their colleagues. In this way we’re wonderfully asynchronous; if you’re on vacation, for example, you can easily pick up the most important things you’ve missed in the meantime.
Sometimes it’s just nice to work together with others in the same room. We often get together spontaneously. To do this, we simply use Google Hangouts, for all those who have the inclination and time to work together. If you want to have your peace of mind or take a call, just go out again – quite uncomplicated.
Meeting in person
Currently we meet every four weeks in person. This works because we don’t live too far apart.
Tools used for remote work
Remote team at Frontastic is using 4 tools like Notion, Slack and Hangouts when working remotely.
Slackbot asks us every morning about our plans, so that our colleagues have the chance to know. In the evening it asks us about results and our mood.
Our daily standup meeting is just a bot inside Slack!
We often get together spontaneously. To do this, we simply use Google Hangouts, for all those who have the inclination and time to work together.
It’s also a great way to learn about new topics or just pair programming. And, of course, it also stimulates a sense of being together.
We try to be as asynchronous as possible. Therefore we don't aspect you to answer even direct mentions immediately.
This is where all information comes together. All people at Frontastic. We have a quarterly Notion house keeping day to keep it well structured.
Our daily standup meeting is just a bot inside Slack. It asks us every morning about our plans, so that our colleagues have the chance to know. In the evening it asks us about results and our mood.
We often get together spontaneously on a Google Hangouts call. Among other things, it's a good opportunity for pair programming.
We are not dogmatic about the way we work. We use the methods that seem most appropriate for each situation. When we realize that we need more structures, we create structures. Not before 😉
Frontastic's remote company is headquartered in Münster, Germany
Remote team in 20 cities and 9 countries
Frontastic is working remotely from 20 cities like France, Valencia and Kiel across 9 countries like Germany, France and Ireland with the average temperature of 15°C.