We’re looking for a Frontend Web Developer to join our Marketing team. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our websites, primarily pspdfkit.com. More specifically, you will:
- Build new web pages, taking designs from visual mockup to fully functioning pages.
- Maintain and fix existing pages.
- Develop cross-device and cross-browser solutions.
- Develop solutions optimized for speed and SEO.
- Create reusable components that fit with our existing style system.
We believe in hiring smart people who like to work on a diverse team and take initiative when solving problems. We see you as an integral part of our Marketing team, and you will work closely with both the Sales and Development teams. Responsibilities
As we expand our product range, we’re revising our sitemap. One of the first things you will be doing is building out new pages and revising existing ones to implement the first phase of the new sitemap.
Your ongoing responsibilities will include:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Keeping our websites up to date and running.
- Proactively monitoring our sites and performing regular QA to fix bugs and optimize for SEO and performance.
- Implementing analytics as needed by the Marketing and Sales teams.
- Working closely with the Design team to ensure the technical feasibility of designs.
Candidates should be located within 6 hours +/- of the UTC time zone and should meet most of the skills and requirements below.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Have experience customizing Bootstrap.
- Be familiar with Ruby and the ERB templating language or be willing to learn.
- Have worked with a static site generator (e.g. Middleman, Jekyll, Gatsby, Hugo) and understand their constraints.
- Know how to use Git and GitHub’s pull request workflow.
- Have a good command of English.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in a remote team.
Good to Have
- Advanced understanding of Google Analytics
- Experience with A/B testing
- Familiarity with webpack
- Management of code dependencies (bundler, npm)
Other Qualities We Want
- Ability to create your own goals and execute them (we hire managers of one)
- Taking ownership of tasks and projects
- Ability to autonomously produce qualitative work
- Ability to prioritize tasks by how much value they bring to the organization
What You Get
You Should Include These in Your Application
- Room for personal and professional development
- A motivated team and a thriving work culture
- Numerous planned company events throughout the year
- The freedom to set up your ideal work environment
- Flexible working hours and vacation policy
- A writeup explaining who you are as a website developer. Sample questions you might want to address: How’d you get started? What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What surprising things have you learned about yourself since starting to build and maintain websites? Which technologies do you like to use, and which technologies would you still like to learn?
- Links to online profiles you use (e.g. GitHub, Twitter).
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
It’s vital that every person working for us identifies with and is passionate about our core values.
PSPDFKit’s Core Values
- Continuous Improvement
- Be open to feedback and to changing your mind
- Search out and welcome different perspectives
- It’s always about people, our people and our customers
- Trust and be excellent to one another
- Explore, be creative, experiment and be willing to embrace the latest technology
- Aim to get things done the right way and care about quality
PSPDFKit is an equal opportunity employer with people from many different cultures and countries. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, skill sets, and perspectives, and to providing our employees with a work environment free of harassment.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. We’d especially love to receive applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the tech industry.