Fexa is looking for a talented individual to perform a data-centric role on our team as we continue to expand our already growing customer base. This position will perform database conversions from various shapes and sources into our PostgreSQL databases (as part of a Facilities Management application). A focus on understanding, improving, and communicating the application data model will mean this position not only performs data conversions, but also aids the full stack developers in making architectural decisions and improving application performance. This position is on a small team of developers who work hard, are highly motivated and enjoy the freedom of working from home.
Additionally, applicants with web development skills are most welcome. As a member of a team of full stack developers, a diversified skill set will provide you with opportunities to work on the application in other capacities.
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualities:
- Demonstrate comfort working in a variety of databases
- Seasoned understanding and writing complex SQL statements (Select, Insert, Joins)
- Proficient using database functions to transpose and manipulate data
- Experience with performing ETL duties
- Participate in the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Contribute to business discussions about the project and user interfaces
- Document work and process as established
- Understand client/server architecture and web development concepts
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience with SQL language -- especially PostgreSQL
- Experience with web-based applications
- Capable communicator and comfortable working with customers, product management, and developers
- Ability to work independently and coordinate remotely with project team
- Blend of business and technical knowledge and experience
- High energy and self-motivated
- Server side development capability (Ruby on Rails, specifically)
- Remote working office
- 2 weeks of PTO
- Awesome colleagues
- No Commute!