The successful Data Developer – will develop applications and data intensive features that inform and influence operational strategies and organizational decisions across VIN and its online communities. The ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for SQL, NodeJS/Python and working with data. Working closely with other members of the Data team and leads across the organization, you will develop tools to process data, build complex datasets, develop applications that drive VIN.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Hands-on leadership, influence, and development of all things data.
- Develop modern data architectural approaches for business intelligence reporting and analytics, ensuring effectiveness, scalability, and reliability.
- Design, develop, implement, and optimize existing ETL processes that merge data from disparate sources for consumption by analysts, stakeholders, and decisions makers.
- Facilitate data transformation, normalization, cleansing, aggregation, workflow management, and business rule application.
- Detect data quality issues, identify their root causes, implement fixes, and design data audits to capture issues.
- Distill technical requirements into the product development and operational process via continuous collaboration with product owners, developers, and operational team members.
- Influence and communicate with all levels of stakeholders including analysts, developers, business users, and executives.
- Use analytics to influence product development, surfacing data around product usage and customer behavior.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Ability and affinity for understanding the big picture of VIN and a drive to ask and answer questions that matter to all within the organization.
- You are an expert in SQL
- You are fluent in a modern programming language Node/Python/C# (Node preferred)
- You are comfortable manipulating large data sets
- Comfortable working with multiple different data storage systems ranging from NoSQL to SQL
- Typically, 6+ years experience in a data engineering related role (Data Warehouse Developer, ETL Developer, Business Intelligence Analytics, Software Engineer) with a track record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from datasets
- Strong stakeholder interaction and influence experience at executive, business stakeholder, and engineering team levels
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org