View our full job description here: https://team.qwilr.com/Content-Marketing-Specialist-Job-Description-3dy7gWgTnyw7
We're looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to help us create and promote a variety of content. You'll be responsible for building and executing on a content calendar that helps us grow our blog audience and newsletter list, increase engagement, and drive traffic to our site. In addition, you'll write additional materials as needed to support various sales and marketing efforts.
This is a remote role, and we're looking specifically for folks who can work in standard U.S. West Coast hours or Sydney hours.
If you're based in Sydney, you'll have the option to work from our Sydney office in Redfern.
- Develop a content calendar and maintain a consistent publishing cadence
- Research and write customer stories, blog posts, video scripts, social media posts, and newsletters
- Work with designers to develop creative assets for your materials
- Promote content through social media and other channels
- Track and improve blog viewership, content engagement, newsletter subscriptions from our blog, and website traffic from blog posts
- Interview teammates or edit their writing to produce content that highlights the thought leadership of Qwilr employees
- Speak with customers to stay connected to their needs and inform our strategy
- Measure your efforts to highlight what types of content and channels produce the best results and continue optimizing our processes
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify additional content opportunities that increase customer conversion and engagement
- Maintain style and tone documentation that guides our team-wide external written communications
- You have at least one year of experience writing for a SaaS company, even if the bulk of your work experience may be in other areas.
Strong writer: You love writing and are committed to the craft. You know when to use a semicolon, and you enjoy thinking through the way a single word might transform a whole sentence. You’re happiest when you can forgo most meetings and process and focus squarely on turning out high-quality pieces.
Storyteller: You’re not just a writer – you’re a storyteller, too. You bring a unique, fresh perspective to your work and can weave a compelling narrative. You're also able to adapt your tone and approach to suit different audiences.
Creative: You understand the value of visuals and formatting, and you can provide clear direction when working with our design team to create graphics that complement your writing.
Analytical: You’re a strategic thinker, data-driven, with the ability to define, track, and report on metrics.
Eye for editing: In addition to your writing capabilities, you can also edit the work of teammates and freelancers to ensure grammatical accuracy, stylistic cohesion, and overall content quality.
Prolific: You’re capable of producing a high volume and variety of work, as you'll be expected to produce at least two blog posts each week.