You’ll help plan, architect, consult and execute on a wide range of workload, application and data/cloud migration and DevOps related projects, working both independently and as part of our systems engineering team.
- Assist with Discovery, Scoping and Planning of cloud adoption related projects
- Perform proof-of-concept for server and cloud migration projects
- Collaborate with team members as well as operate individually to execute all phases of complex migration projects
- Maintain existing Windows and/or Linux-based environments
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our customer’s objectives and related system interactions through direct customer, partner and/or WSM business staff communications, meetings and project discovery sessions
- Work closely with partners, customers and colleagues to define and clarify project plans, deliverables, expectations, and scheduling
- Contribute to DevOps tool chain implementation, DR and/or security initiatives as a part of the overall server or cloud transformation & migration engagement for WSM customers and partners
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years Experience with multiple operating systems such as Windows and Linux-based systems
- Experience with establishing, deploying, and monitoring cloud-based application environment
- One or more AWS or Azure certifications are required
- Experience operating virtualization in a data center, migrating applications from data center to cloud, or planning and executing similar scale and technology programs
- Working knowledge of networking infrastructures, including LAN, WAN, VPN, Virtual Network, Subnet, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of cloud security
- Experience with managing applications in Public Cloud Providers, including AWS or Azure
- Experience with monitoring of systems, networks for performance, uptime, and security
- Virtual and physical servers support
- Familiarity with VMWare and Openstack
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Moderate understanding of networking technologies (subnetting, routing, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Basic database knowledge (SQL/MySQL)
- Basic familiarity with at least one virtual machine system (KVM, VMWare, VirtualBox, etc.)
- MCP, MCSE or MCITP, or RHCE certifications
- Chef or Puppet experience
- Experience with DB’s such as SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Microsoft TFS or Bamboo
If you experience problems with the application submittal form below, please email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.