Chorus One runs validators for multiple Proof of Stake networks and manages over $100 million in crypto-assets. As part of our work to further develop and promote the ecosystems in which we validate, we are actively searching for two Protocol Software Engineers to aid our delivery of projects to bridge these decentralized networks, allowing for the first time, for value to flow between chains and usher in the next era of Blockchain.
This is a challenging role that will involve working alongside the Protocol Engineers that are defining Interchain Communication. As such, not only will you be exposed to many new, interesting, and unique technologies, but you will be a core part of the effort to shape and drive forward this key and exciting new space. You are able to see some of the work we have undertaken to date in <github repo>.
- Design and specify protocols to allow trustless, secure communication and transfer of value between heterogeneous networks.
- Integrate these protocols into existing blockchain technologies, bridging chains.
- Participate in the upkeep of Chorus validator infrastructure through on-call rotations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good understanding of communications protocols.
- Solid development experience, ideally in Rust and/or Golang.
- Very security focused; it is at the forefront of your mind every time you write code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; this position will require a significant amount of communication with the wider community.
- Comfortable working remotely with a high degree of autonomy.
Nice to have:
- Interest and knowledge about cryptocurrencies and blockchain, or an interest to learn.
- Experience running, or contributing to open source projects.
- Automated testing, and building CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Cosmos-SDK or Substrate frameworks, or the go-ethereum client.