Our mission is to standardize the B2B supply chain to allow for the more efficient operation of retailers, distributors and manufacturers alike. We've started with the automation and streamlining of day-to-day operations carried out by online retailers. Our price management software, Aura, proudly supports over 1,000 Amazon merchants and processes over 750-million price changes on the Amazon marketplace each month.
Our profitable bootstrapped company was founded in 2017 by a pair of Amazon sellers with a background in engineering. We're a team of die-hard nerds obsessed with big data and automation.
We're looking for a Backend Software Engineer
with experience in distributed systems and an entrepreneurial mindset to join us.
Our growing team is remote-first, so it's important that you're able to communicate clearly and effectively in such an environment. We meet regularly, so we require that prospective team members' timezones are in alignment with ours (UTC-10 to UTC-4).
- Design and implement core backend microservices in Go
- Design efficient SQL queries
- Follow test-driven development practices
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Participate in daily standups and weekly all-hands meetings
Our backend follows an event-driven microservice architecture. Here are some of the technologies you'll be using:
- Redis, Elastisearch
- Several 3rd Party APIs
- B.S. in Computer Science or relevant field
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL) and ability to analyze and write efficient queries
- Experience with Go in production-grade environments
- Experience building REST APIs
- Working knowledge of Git
- Experience building distributed systems, event-driven microservice architecture, CQRS pattern
- Previous remote work experience
- Experience integrating with Amazon MWS (Marketplace Web Service)
- Experience with Redshift, writing performant analytical queries
- Experience collaborating via Git
- Hands-on experience with highly concurrent production grade systems
- Understanding of DevOps, CI/CD
- Experience using AWS services (EC2, ECS, RDS, Redshift, SNS, SQS, etc.)
- Understanding of the key metrics which drive a startup SaaS business (MRR, LTV, CAC, Churn, etc.)