As a Top 25 Great Place to Work® recipient, AON Hewitt Best Employer, and one of the fastest growing tech companies in North America according to Deloitte, You.i TV is changing the way that viewers experience TV across mobile, tablet and streaming devices. Interested in building the future of TV? We’re actively recruiting an Application Architect to join our Services Team..
The Application Architect is responsible for ensuring the long term success of You.i TV's largest and most important customers. From working with customers’ development teams, sharing best practices and ensuring their issues are resolved efficiently, to developing application evolution strategies with senior business contacts, the Application Architect, partners with their assigned portfolio of customers, providing guidance on their implementation of You.i TV products and technologies and ensuring they gain maximum impact from their investment.
The Application Architect is a senior technical and business resource who is comfortable playing a pivotal role in customers’ relationships with You.i TV.
What you'll do:
- Act as the primary point of contact for technical issues within the Solutions organization for assigned customers and develop a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders across those accounts
- Develop a detailed understanding of assigned customers’ technology landscapes, business objectives and operating environments, and provide technical guidance and leadership on the use of current and future You.i TV features and technologies
- Actively manage customers’ escalated technical issues, either resolving them using their own knowledge or leveraging the broader organization to expedite resolutionConstantly grow your own knowledge of the TV Everywhere (TVE) and Over The Top (OTT) space to ensure that you are an expert resource for their clients on technology and industry trends
- Expand your knowledge of cross-platform application development while getting your hands on the latest and greatest gadgets and devices
What you bring to the table:
- Highly self-motivated with a focus on exceptional performance
- A strong command of modern software development processes.
- You will be working heavily in React-Native and/or C++ so must be knowledgeable or willing to ramp up quickly
- Prior experience building to different platforms is helpful
- Organized and systematic, but also flexible and adaptable
- A natural consensus-builder and team player/leader
- A creative problem solver with the ability to address complex, technological issues
- A keen learner and naturally inquisitive; constantly seek to grow their knowledge
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, comfortable with complexity; able to colour outside the lines
- Ability to travel (note - travel is currently limited due to COVID-19 restrictions
- A broad understanding of the TVE and OTT space
- Able to leverage that knowledge to help our clients and partners maximize the value of their current investment in You.i TV; and will also be a thought leader as clients and partners continue to evolve their apps.
What we can offer you:
- A supportive and inclusive environment that fosters development and building lasting friendships.
- The opportunity to work with Top Tier Media companies and household names.
- Flexible work hours - are you an early bird or do you love to sleep in?
- Employee wellness program including instructor-led bootcamp, yoga, and mediation (all moved to virtual)
Distribution is the name of the game. TV & Media companies are in a race to reach as many viewers as possible on screens of all shapes and sizes. Which is why brands such as A+E Networks, AT&T, WarnerMedia, NBA, Warner Brothers, National Geographic, and Fox have already turned to You.i TV to develop and deploy their suite of TV applications.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Keep up on all things You.i TV by following us on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.