TeamSnap is seeking an Android Engineer to join our fully remote distributed engineering team to help us continue our impressive growth. You should be self-directed. We're looking for people with big ideas and tiny egos. No matter what your “job” is, you’re welcome to suggest better ways of doing anything. We are all owners. Everyone has a stake in the company.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a strong Android developer (duh) you’ll generate creative ideas on how to harness the power of mobile apps to help players, coaches, group leaders and parents to interact with their sports teams and social groups. We’re committed to making it easy for them to manage their groups through our mobile app, and we want you to play a key role in defining our mobile game plan.Some things that are pretty important:
Other things that are nice to have:
- Very strong understanding of Java, Kotlin and Android development
- Solid experience with the latest Android SDK’s; including Architecture Components
- Solid experience with common libraries such as Retrofit, RxJava and Dagger
- Have published one or more Android apps in the Google Play Store
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Strong understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and good version control practices
- Experience working on a self directed agile team
- Ability to work as part of a geographically-distributed development team
- Flexibility, teamwork, sense of humor and the willingness to do what's necessary to help a relatively small company grow quickly
- Experience with Firebase and Firestore
- Exposure to automated build tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with offline operation, caching strategies and data synchronization.
- Experience in interfacing with API’s and third party libraries, including JSON REST API’s (take a look at https://developer.teamsnap.com)
- Ability to read and understand Ruby and Rails code (our back-end code)
- Be a parent, coach or participant in a recreational sport
- Be a TeamSnap user (sign up for a free trial to see what we’re about)
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Doolittle-style