Do you have unparalleled attention to detail? Are you a perfectionist who knows and cares about correct grammar and punctuation? Then you might be the proofreader/QA tester we’re looking for.
We are a fully-remote company specializing in educational content on the topics of dating and relationships. We send approximately 30 emails a month, and we need help making sure these emails are clear and error-free.
What You'll Do:
As our proofreader/QA tester, you will leave no stone unturned to make sure our customers have a flawless experience from when they first open an email to when they decide to complete a purchase or attend a webinar.
With your help, we will ensure the copy they read is impeccable, the links they click are working, the pages they land on are the right ones, and that there are no hiccups along the way.
This is a long-term remote position which typically amounts to 25 hours per month. Once you are trained, you will be able to work independently and in your own time – all you have to do is respond to our messages and meet our deadlines.
What We're Looking For:
- You are a master of the English language. Bonus points if you have a relevant educational background or experience working as a copyeditor or proofreader.
- You have a strong eye for detail and accuracy. You look beyond the surface to spot even the tiniest errors (including formatting errors).
- You are thorough. You’re able to follow a checklist carefully, again and again, and you have a dogged approach to following up on inconsistencies and things that seem like errors.
- You are tech-savvy. You know Google Docs (including Google Sheets) and Wordpress, and you understand how URLs work.
- You are curious and resourceful. You research when you’re not sure about something, and you welcome reading material and documentation that helps you do your job better.
- You are reliable, responsive, and available. We can count on you to review emails within 24 hours and to respond to emails and messages we send you in a timely manner.
- You are responsible. You never, ever miss a deadline.
We're offering $15 USD/hour for this position.
To apply: To apply, please email email@example.com.
The subject line should read: "I'm your proofreader/QA tester."
Include your location/timezone, your availability, and the answer to this question: What concept did Matt take from the food industry to describe the optimal ratio of "salty" and "sweet" when communicating standards to men?
Note: If we like your email, we will ask you to complete an email review free of charge to give us a better idea of your proofreading/QA testing skills. The work you complete won't be used for anything other than getting a better sense of your abilities.