Forks Meal Planner (www.forksmealplanner.com), is a rapidly growing meal planning service from the team behind the groundbreaking documentary, Forks Over Knives.
We are looking for a talented designer to join the Meal Planner digital team, working alongside the product founder and a talented team of developers to design out new features, optimize the user experience, contribute to strategies that support growth, engagement and retention, and prepare the service for upcoming native iOS and Android applications.
You should be passionate about creating exceptional products, with a deep love of user experience, and an eye for creating a clean, functional UI.
The role will require 20 - 25 hours per week, with flexible hours.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a design role, designing across both web and mobile (Android and iOS).
- Experience wire-framing and designing in Sketch with an ability to communicate ideas visually
- An ability to problem-solve, anticipate challenges, and propose better ways of building products.
- A self starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to ruthlessly prioritize the highest impact work.
- A track record of solving complex problems on tight time frames.
- Experience translating designs to product requirements and working with the development team to successfully implement the designs (familiarity with project management software like JIRA or Pivotal Tracker a plus)
- Experience working in agile product development
- Strong user experience intuitions, including an ability to discern great UX and empathize with users
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable taking the lead with clients, stakeholders, and remote teams
- A history of taking initiative, self-management, and solving problems without explicit direction
- A true team-player attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to achieve the best results
- Prior experience working in a small startup environment or on product development teams for tech companies
- Lead new feature initiatives
- Partner with engineering and design teams to deliver excellent products on tight timelines
- Work with QA and development teams to ensure designs implemented according to your vision, and rigorously teste
- Draft product requirements and specs, and transfer these into JIRA or similar tools
- Join regular standups and team meetings to ensure company objectives are being met
- Work in sync with customer success teams to prioritize UX issues and adjust designs accordingly.
- Participate in product strategy and tactical planning conversations
Nice to haves:
- A desire to dive into product metrics, conducting analysis on user behaviors and trends, and translate findings into actionable product enhancements.
- Hands-on experience designing your own products or side projects
- Prior experience working with subscription-based services
- Prior experience working with remote teams
- Prior experience working with analytics tools like Mixpanel, Amplitude or Kissmetrics
- Flexible working hours. The position can be remote, and (within reason) can fit around your schedule
- Enjoyable, rewarding work. The product makes a very real difference to the lives of many
- Working with a group of talented, passionate, kind, and motivated team members
- The ability to directly influence the success of projects and lead the direction of product
- Occasional business trips (e.g., client meetings between Los Angeles and New York)
To apply: To apply for this role, please submit the following to email@example.com
1) A cover letter explaining why you believe you would be a good fit for the position, including any relevant experience.
2) Please include a link to your portfolio, so we can see your design chops in action 👩🎨🎨👨🎨
3) Include a link to 1-2 *live* projects (if possible) that showcase your ability to create a great user experience.