Hi, thanks for reading about our Marketing & Growth Lead
opportunity! We're glad you're here.
We're Knack, a code-free platform used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies — to build better businesses with data.
Over the past 5 years we've built a great team, product, and culture. Now we're ready to accelerate into our next stage of growth, and we need an ambitious marketer to help take us there. Hopefully that's you
!Role & Responsibilities
So what exactly will you be doing as Knack's marketing & growth lead?
- You’ll dig deep to extract who we really are, pull it all together, and share that unique story with the world.
- You’ll work closely with leadership to define goals and objectives, and develop the initiatives to meet those goals.
- You’ll work closely with the Customer Success, Sales and Product teams to align on growth targets and initiatives.
- You’ll lead the broader efforts of re-developing the Knack brand and messaging.
- You’ll not only contribute to high-level strategy - you'll lead on executing that strategy.
- You’ll establish a collaborative and consensus-driven process to rapidly source, resource, and execute data-driven growth initiatives.
- You’ll develop and run marketing programs including (but definitely not limited to): content marketing, community building, lead generation, case studies, nurture campaigns, paid acquisition, co-marketing and optimization.
- You’ll start as a team of one, but will lead on resourcing and scaling a team to meet the demands and targets of a quickly growing company.
Here are some of the "must haves" to be successful in this role:
- You have 3+ yrs of inbound marketing experience in SaaS or/and digital product marketing.
- Your communication is flawless. You are optimized to work remotely and asynchronously without missing a beat. You’re a strong writer and editor with superior proficiency in English.
- You are comfortable running experiments. You know how to ask the right questions, run the right tests, and generate actionable conclusions.
- You have a strong baseline of growth skills that enable you to be impactful on day one. You are also first to define your weaknesses and leverage others' expertise and help when needed.
- You are comfortable defining KPIs and being accountable for meeting those.
- You have experience working with tools like Google Analytics, Segment, MixPanel (or similar), and doing things like data analysis and segmentation.
- Serious bonus points if you have experience marketing a complex technical product to a broad horizontal customer base.
Here are a few other hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you match up with a number of these):
- You have a sense of humor, a sense of humility, and take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- You rely on both quantitative and qualitative insights to make decisions about what's working and what's not.
- You have some management experience or are open to leveling up into more management responsibility.
- You are a learning machine, hungrily devouring every resource that enables you to learn faster and do more.
- You have experience and thrive in a flat, consensus-driven work environment that emphasizes both autonomy and accountability.
- You’re ambitious, self-motivated, and resourceful. You know when to do something yourself versus getting help. You understand the importance of ruthless prioritization.
- You are totally okay with big swings, wild experiments, and learning through failure.
Knack is a no-code platform that makes it easy for anyone to build applications and workflows to do amazing things with their data.
Knack launched in 2012 and has been growing steadily as we’ve built our team, perfected our product, and nailed our product-market fit. We’re now ready to take things to the next level and maximize the opportunity for what this product can be.
So why are we different?
We’re bootstrapped: we’ve had to build something our customers actually pay for. This changes how you do things.
We’re 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we’ve made has been based around optimizing our remote operations.
We’re small: and we like it that way. We’re more than just chat avatars-- we’ve all gotten to know each other, have grown together, and love working with each other.
We enjoy the journey: we’re in this for the long haul. We’re not chasing an exit or the next round of funding. We’re building something we’re proud of and want to keep improving on.