Constantly challenging the status quo and improving things (and ourselves!) is deeply rooted in our company culture. So we do a lot of things to ensure our company keeps becoming even better:
- regular masterclasses where people share their special skills (e.g. UX design, tool hacks, game dev, 3D printing etc)
- Training programmes
- regular 360 degree feedback rounds
- bi-weekly 1:1s where we ask: What do you want to achieve and how can we help you do that?
- our watercooler channel in slack where we post funny and personal stuff
- our thank you channel in slack where we regularly appreciate when others helped us, did an amazing job in a project, etc.
We update each other on a daily basis about what we're working on. We screen and discuss our tickets on a weekly basis. We invite each other to "Friday meetings" to share new technology we introduced. Three times a year we meet all together - remember we are "remote first" - and discuss the bigger challenges ahead of us.
Our team uses Google Meet for regular video conferencing. Most meetings are recorded so team members that aren't available can watch them at a later time. We also use a lot of Slack and we even have a Discord channel for easier collaboration when working together on a feature.